If there’s anything common that has happened to the world at large- it’s how we have all involved ourselves in a plethora of activities that we never thought of giving a shot. I’ve even read a number of reports that mentions how supermarkets are currently facing a crisis of baking items- and even that baking enthusiasts are struggling to find their ingredients for their craft. Because obviously, thanks to coronavirus, most of us have evolved as world class masterchefs!
Indeed, there’s something I can closely relate to after experiencing it for years- Stress eating. I know that stress-eating is a thing. And I don’t feel guilty about it (looking at my flabs as I type this). But when we are all self-quarantined in different corners of the world, there’s nothing better than doing something that will satisfy our soul!
So here, I’ve picked up some go-to, popular and fun recipes that have gained an unparalleled traction during the times of Covid-19.
Well of course! You must be bored of this now- much like me. But Dalgona Coffee is like TikTok, you see it every day, or maybe, you’re bored of seeing the same old thing in different stories, but you end up doing it anyway. SO if you haven’t tried it yet, it’s never too late. 😀
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoon. cold water
- Ice cubes
- Chilled milk
- Take a bowl, combine granulated sugar, instant coffee and water. Whisy vigorously for the next five to ten minutes until your hands literally start giving up. When you see a silky, smooth, golden texture—well, continue whisking until it thickens and retains a foamy shape.
- Take a glass and fill half of it with ice cubes. Add chilled milk and swirl the whipped coffee mixture on the top. Sprinkle a little bit of coffee powder or chocolate flavor to give it an insta-feel. Tadaah! Your Dalgona coffee is ready.
Gone are the days when we would spend a lot of time whisking flour with eggs and milk. Millennials have found a new way to bake cakes, with lesser time and goodness of professional cakes! If there’s one thing I am thankful about, it’s the existence of Oreo biscuits. And honestly, I don’t enjoy having just Oreo biscuits as much as I love making desserts with it.
- 12-15 Chocolate Oreo Biscuits
- 1 Cup milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate ganache (optional)
- Shredded chocolate (optional)
- Add the biscuits in the blender. Grind until it turns into powder. Take it out in a bowl and add the milk. Mix with a spatula until it turns into a fine paste. Add the baking soda with a little bit of milk. Mix again to a proper cake batter consistency.
- Grease your microwave baking pan and place a butter paper. Pour the cake batter into it. Place the pan into a preheated oven (at 180C) and bake it for 35 minutes. Later, insert a knife in the middle of the cake and see if it comes out clean.
- Take out the dish carefully and let it cool for a while. Apply the chocolate ganache and decorate it with shredded chocolate. And there- the perfect chocolate cake is ready!
Oh man… Thank heavens I learnt something that I can use to my benefit (and disadvantage too). A yummy chocolate mug cake gets ready in just minutes. And I’m not even kidding. If you’re craving for some dessert, then make it your go-to dessert therapy.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract/coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
Take your coffee mug and add the ingredients together- flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, coffee powder (in case you’re using coffee). Mix the ingredients well with a fork and add the wet ingredients- vegetable oil, milk and vanilla essence. Add the Choco chips and blend the mixture using a fork.
Put the mug inside your oven and microwave it for 90 seconds. Don’t overcook! After 90 seconds, let the mug cake cool for a while, post which, you’re in for some mouthwatering treat. Yumm!
If you’re someone who have panic-bought dozens of bananas and now you’re clueless what to do- well, this recipe will surely save you. The taste of ripe bananas with a goodness of oats will keep anyone full for at least three hours. And in case you’re new to the smoothie game, this is for you my friend!
- 2 frozen/unfrozen bananas
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Ice cubes
Add all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Easier than it sounds. Your healthy, oatmeal smoothie is ready in sixty seconds!
Well, hope this blog will up your kitchen game while you’re facing the lockdown. Let me know which ones you’ve tried. You can even suggest some recipes if you like. Until then, see you soon. J